Get The Relief You Need
When your joints are painful or your muscles ache, topical pain killers — those you apply to your skin — may offer relief. You’ll find many products for topical pain relief at your local drugstore.
Here are some popular options and what you need to know if you’d like to give them a try.
Analgesic Creams, Rubs, and Sprays
Topical pain killers, or analgesics, are sprayed on or rubbed into the skin over painful muscles or joints. Although are all designed to relieve pain, different products use different ingredients. Here are the most common ingredients found in products available without a prescription.
- Counterirritants. Ingredients such as menthol, methylsalicylate, and camphor are called counterirritants because they create a burning or cooling sensation that distracts your mind from the pain.
- Salicylates. These same ingredients that give aspirin its pain-relieving quality are found in some creams. When absorbed into the skin, they may help with pain, particularly in joints close to the skin, such as the fingers, knees, and elbows.
- Capsaicin. The main ingredient of hot chili peppers, capsaicin is also one of the most effective ingredients for topical pain relief. When first applied, capsaicin creams cause a warm tingling or burning sensation. This gets better over time. You may need to apply these creams for a few days up to a couple of weeks before you notice relief from pain.
Not everyone will have good pain relief from these preparations, and capsaicin in particular may not help with osteoarthritis pain.
THAT’S WHERE WE COME IN
Our formulations have proven successful in cases where no other pain reliever has helped. In addition, our topical creams are non-addictive and produce few, if any, side effects. In fact, our formulations help decrease the risk of adverse drug interactions.
Why Use Focused Pain Relief Over Traditional Pharmaceuticals
- The topical application of a compounded cream has many advantages, including:
- Delivers relief directly to pain receptors
- Minimizes absorption into the blood stream
- Blocks portions of the inflammatory cascade
- Quickly provides measurable and identifiable pain relief
- Greater effectiveness and results
- Produces fewer side effects
- Reduces the possibility of adverse drug interactions
- Formulations are non-addictive
- Minimizes oxidative stress
- Reduces organ toxicity
- Improves patient compliance and outcomes
Call us today at 800-494-8461 or fill out the contact form to the right and have one of pain management specialists contact you.